Margarette Macaron is the prefect for Orca Dorm. She is an antagonist of the Divine Visionary Selection Exam Arc.
Margarette appears as a tall masculine-looking person, while having her true magic power sealed off.
She takes on a more petite and feminine appearance in her true form.
Margarette is eccentric, yet a firm believer in "Might makes Right". She has a strange obsession with Tartar Sauce.
Wand: Margarette wields her wand like a conductor's baton. The handle of her wand is shaped like a musical note.
Magic and Abilites
Sounds (サウンズ, Saunzu): Margarette's personal magic. It creates music notes of various different properties, such as exploding or shielding ones. She can also use her magic to create music notes that can cushion her fall. In addition to music notes, Margarette can summon various music instruments such as a piano.
- Sounds Orchestra (サウンズ・オーケストラ, Saunzu Ōkesutora): An offensive spell that attacks with waves of music notation. Margarette performs it with the assistance of two unnamed Orca students.
- Sounds Surround Orchestra (サウンズ・サラウンド・オーケストラ, Saunzu Saraundo Ōkesutora): Margarette summons several giant wind instruments and surrounds her target with them. They generate powerful soundwaves to destroy Margarette's opponents.
- Sounds Shield (サウンズ・シールド, Saunzu Shīrudo): A defensive spell. Margarette creates a beamed note and uses it to shield her from an incoming attack.
- Sounds Re, A Drop of Golden Sun (サウンズ・レモンのレ, Saunzu Remon no Re): Margarette attacks her opponents with destructive music notation. The spell is strong enough to defeat Aorio Morris and Moore Tomato, two double-liners. Re is a solfège syllable.
- Sounds Fa (サウンズ・フア, Saunzu Fua): Margarette creates a giant fist made out of music notation and attacks her target with it. The attack is sound-based, making it impossible to counter it directly through normal means. Fa is a solfège syllable.
- Sounds Metamorphosis (サウンズ・メタモルフオーゼ, Saunzu Metamorufuōze): A spell that unleashes the caster's real magic power. In Margarette's case, her appearance changed back to its true form and she gained the ability to move at the speed of sound. However, She needs to generate sound first to move with its speed.
- Sounds Secondth: Death Gong (サウンズ・セコンズ 「デスゴング」, Saunzu Sekonzu 「Desugongu」): The Secondth of Margarette's Sounds. It's a giant bell capable of incapacitating anyone who hears it. In one minute, it will ring out, covering an area 2km wide. The only way of stopping the bell is to take Margarette's wand, which proves to be extremely difficult due to her ability to move at the speed of sound. Margarette claims that she could counter Rayne Ames's Black Partisan spell with it.
Nalcos (ナルコス, Narukosu): A basic magic spell that Margarette uses to test her opponents. It shoots a magic bullet at a target. Margarette's bullets are much more powerful than those of average wizards. According to Mash, they are "as heavy as bowling balls".
Immense Magic Power: As a double-liner, Margarette possesses a great amount of magic power, however, her true magic power exceeds that of the average double-liner, as she usually hides her true strength by sealing a part of her magic power.
Musical Talent: Margarette is a highly talented pianist and maestra. She's supplementing her magic with her knowledge of music.
- Tartar sauce is one of her favorite foods.
- Margarette's gender was left ambiguous for a while after her debut, but she was confirmed to be female in Chapter 63.
- This information could be inferred beforehand, since Margarette uses feminine pronouns (Watashi (わたし) and Atashi (あたし)) when referring to herself in Japanese.